After a three-month, two-state round of spicy cooking demos at Williams-Sonoma stores in New York and New Jersey, my spring demos have come to an end. But, don’t worry about a thing. You can have your spice and eat it too all year long! The Spice of Life menu featured Jerk Salmon with a Citrus Garden Salad, Spicy Black Beans, and Fried Chicken Tenders with my JADE brand Pickled Pepper Preserve.
Some recipes – including the Spicy Black Beans and the Citrus Dressing were featured in earlier posts. Today, however, you get to feast on Fried Chicken Tenders with JADE Pickled Pepper Preserve – juicy white meat that’s tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and hot and flavorful all over.
Frying Flour Mix
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 pinch ground ginger
- Combine ingredients in a 1-gallon food storage bag, seal tightly and shake until blended.
Fried Chicken Tenders
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 batch Frying Flour Mix (See above)
3 cups vegetable oil
- Add vegetable oil to medium frying pan and heat at medium temperature.
- Place half of chicken tenders into flour mix and shake to coat.
- Lay tenders into hot oil and let fry 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove tenders and lay on paper towel to drain and cool.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to fry remaining tenders.
- Place fried tenders on a serving platter.
Spoon some JADE Pickled Pepper Preserve into a small bowl and serve alongside tender. Or dress tenders directly with preserve.
Enjoy this spicy bite when only a stiff kick will do! Get it at JADE Jamaican Grill.