These Spicy Black Beans were featured as part of my recent Spice of Life cooking demonstration at Williams-Sonoma in New York City. The audience absolutely loved it! I hope you’ll enjoy creating this zesty, spicy, flavorful dish at home!
16 oz dried black beans
10 cups Water
1/2 cup red onion, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
3 garlic clove, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
2 slices Habanero or Scotch Bonnet pepper
- Rinse beans and soak overnight.
- In a dutch oven (or stock pot), add beans, salt, garlic and water and simmer for 85 minutes over medium-hi heat.
- Add olive oil, red onion, habanero and most of the cilantro and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the garlic cloves and habanero slices.
- Spoon beans into medium flat bowl and dress with remaining cilantro.
Cooking time: 90 minutes